Today my youngest, Daniel Quinn is five years old or as we say under the Big Top, he is a WHOLE HAND! To celebrate my Thursday Thirteen is a list that retells for Daniel (and you) the night (early morning) that he was born.
1. Mommy was working in the NICU at Good Sam as the charge nurse the night you were born.
2. We got the call from a local community hospital that a 24 week mother was laboring and expected to deliver soon. Our on-call neonatologist was already there and wanted our transport team to get over to attend as well.
4. You were born at 3:58 am, Friday, January 11 with a very loud cry that proclaimed I am here and I am alive.
5. Not even an hour old and you were on your very first thrill ride, an ambulance complete with the flashing lights.
6. You were a little more than an hour old when I met you for the very first time.
7. I don’t believe that I will ever forget what it was like to pick you up for the very first time. Weighing only 1 pound 6 ounces, you fit perfectly into my hands.
8. As I settled you into the warm, little nest that I built for you, I whispered “Happy Birthday” to you and welcomed you to the world.
9. You kept me very busy that early morning as I had IV fluids to hang, antibiotics to give, labs and blood gases to draw.
10. You, on the other hand, slept.
11. I didn’t know it then, but you stole my heart.
12. You grabbed a hold of your daddy’s heart too after I told him about your birth day and you.
13. Ten days later we knew that we wanted to be your mommy and daddy always and forever.
Thursday Thirteen is a blog meme with one purpose – to get to know bloggers better. Thirteen is the magic number – because Thursday Thirty is too many!
Every Thursday, bloggers jot down thirteen things about their week, Thirteen secrets they’ve never shared before, Thirteen random things about themselves or their lives that give the reader a better idea of who they are.
Then the fun begins: You go blog-hopping! Find other Thursday Thirteeners, spend some quality time getting to know your fellow bloggers, interact with them through their lists and invite them to yours! If you choose to play along, leave a comment with a link to your Thursday Thirteen list.