I am pooped! Hey, kindergarten homework is HARD! I forgot how hard it can be especially when you are helping a stubbornly reluctant five year old who would rather do anything but that. Well, almost anything since he would still rather not poop in the potty. Still, two pages down of matching shapes and colors and trying to get past the letter “D” when writing his name and I am worn out.
Yes, son, “D” is for Daniel but “D” is not for done!
Well now that we are finally done I am nearly too pooped to blog…I said nearly.
I do have a couple of tags to answer to and I must say that timing is everything.
First I have my dear neighbor and friend, Jenn’s tag from A Pickle for Your Thoughts.
It’s a little Happiness in Ten Things. Here’s the thing, I must write ten things that make me happy.
1. my husband in spite of the fact that lately he drives me to distraction: He just popped a little sandwich cookie in my mouth while I was writing this. Yeah, he is sweet so I guess I will keep him around.
2. those five kids of mine: Of course today I have dealt with the usual heavy sighs, eye rolls, declarations of dislike and the constant sibling bickering but they are my darling circus clowns, mine all mine.
3. discharging a baby home from the hospital: They could have stayed one day too long or four months, it don’t matter; I love the moment I get to carry them oout past the hospital entrance.
4. sleep: Sleep makes me happy, very happy. There! I have confirmed for certain family members the fact that I love to sleep…all the time.
5. a pretty pedicure: That reminds me…
6. a good massage: I had one of those recently which was so amazing and awesome. Who knew I had THAT much range of motion in my neck! I must figure out a way to afford this on a regular basis.
7. a smooth, glass of cabernet…or maybe a zin…or a pinot…or a merlot
8. the sound of my family sleeping: There is something so peaceful and reassuring to hear the sounds of my circus slumbering.
9. soaking in my hot tub
10. Did I mention sleep?
Here’s another meme I found over at Mom Writes. The Middle Name Meme involves writing a post using each letter of your middle name to describe something relevant to your life. How hard could it be to describe me and my life with the middle name, Anne?
Pretty hard. Actually, it was a little challenging but I will give it a go.
Aware as in intuitive: I have a sense of what people are feeling which I guess is one of the things that makes me a pretty good nurse. No, I can not read minds. Just ask Bill, he’ll tell you. But I often have a pretty good sense of what one is feeling.
Needy: Oh yeah. I am the typical first born of a dyfunctional family. Yes, I am the caregiver, the “fixer” and I do it because I need to feel needed. I can’t believe how long it took me to realize this about myself.
No-nonsense: In the everyday things I am quite practical. I have to be. I couldn’t possibly juggle the way I do and get the laundry done…most of the time.
Emotional: Bill is laughing right now and saying, “You think?” Okay, I will confess, I am a teensy bit emotional at times…well, actually I am quite emotional. But that is one of the things that makes me special. At least Mr. Rogers and Barney told me that once.
And finally, here is something that makes me feel pretty gosh darn special.
Awesome Mom recently told me that she loves my blog! She is pretty amazing and (oh yeah) awesome so I am very honored and flattered by her compliment.
Thanks sister~friend, you made my day!
I promise to pass this love on. Just let me get a little sleep tonight.