You know you did very well in gifting when your child shares with her nearly 10K followers on her business Instagram account that which you gifted her.
Seriously, this bag is pretty awesome. All the more awesome is her Pinterest board because she really is hard to shop for sometimes. Of course, she gets it from her mama! But this last year I gifted her well. Thank you Pinterest and Hollie pinning all the things.
I just might need a bag like this because, like my darling daughter, and pretty much anyone, there is absolutely a bunch of shit I basically can’t live without.
- like my favorite face wash because the oil slick that is my face keeps waiting for the dry, flaky, crepe-y skin that is all part of the joy that is menopause. Sure it might feel like a certain body fluid, as someone I know compared it to, but it works very well for me…and that is all that matters.
- Sunscreen! All the sunscreen because ginger girl problems are real.
- This lip balm because more sunscreen and because I am always licking my lips so why bother with heavy lip color?
- My latest favorite Acoustic Chill playlist on Spotify because the drive to work is too stupid and too real
- My old, well-worn, gray sweater I got from Costco years ago.
- Eyeglass cleaner because the glasses I wear every waking moment are always smudged and dirty and I just might be obsessed about cleaning those glasses of mine.
- This whiteboard calendar which just might be ridiculous if I were to carry it in a bag.
Then again, I am not the only one living under The Big Top who basically can not live without it which is why everything and everyone on the calendar is color coded.
- My blackout curtains because I am Vampira, the night shift nurse.
- Coffee, nectar of all the nurses.
- My Amazon Prime account
- Dental floss. I blame my dentist for lecturing me about gum disease while deep cleaning for what has become an addiction.
- My cameras…Canon 60D and iPhone because I am indeed the Mamarazzi
- My favorite pen…don’t ask to borrow it…ever.
- My Moleskine notebook
- a bottle of Coke Zero, just one, for my lunch break at work
- My ASU ball cap to hide the epic bedhead when I take my son to school in the morning. Not that my son’s principal would ever call me out for the bedhead or the pajama pants I might be wearing (if I’m not wearing scrubs) because she isn’t nearly as judge-y as Kate Chisholm and because at least I am wearing a bra. There’s that!
- My Caffeine and Kilos ball cap for when I can’t find my ASU cap.
- A good bra.
- My water bottle. I blame Jodie and my membranes rupturing at 26 weeks while pregnant with her for my ALWAYS carrying a water bottle and ALWAYS drinking all the water.
- A Sharpie marker…you never know when you need to mark something permanently.
- Altoids, you are very welcome Day Shift!
- My Asics
- My favorite Scünci hair ties…they are discontinued which would explain why I am hoarding them.
- My favorite hair clip because thick hair can be a problem, even thinning, menopausal, thick hair. But hurray for the fact that my hair is long enough 20 months after my latest pixie cut to twist up into an undo with my favorite hair clip…it’s the little things that make me happiest, really.
- Scarves…I have no idea how many I have. That might be a problem. But who cares because I basically can’t live without them.
What shit that you basically can’t live without would you stuff that duffel bag with.