Justifying once again the time I
waste spend on Pinterest I had to try something different for breakfast.
Y’all are either saying “Ew!” or you are reacting like I did saying out loud “I must try this!”. Trust me, try this. I mean, a perfectly golden brown toasty, buttery grilled cheese sandwich filled with ooey gooey melted cheese served for breakfast, smothered in maple syrup. What’s not to love about this?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 slices bread, day old
- 2 ounces cheese, grated/shredded, room temperature
- maple syrup to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Completely butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan, buttered side down, sprinkle on the cheese and top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up
- Turn the heat down a notch and cook until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2-4 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup.
OMG!…get into mah mouth…NOW!
I invited Hazel in enjoying this new delicious breakfast treat because she is always hungry and because she just so happened to be at the Big Top when I decided to make this.
She declared it to be really sticky because when Mi-ma told her it was a breakfast grilled cheese sandwich she concluded that she must eat it the way she eats a lunch grilled cheese sandwich. She also declared it to be YUMMY after she had literally eaten every last bit and drop of maple syrup. As for me, well, it is a good thing that I run about 15 miles or so a week because that is heavenly delicious-ness I hope to have for breakfast sometime soon…again!
If you aren’t already pinning things like crazy over on Pinterest and want to leave a comment with your email and I will gladly send you an invite.