On The Big Top calendar, written on January 20th is the day America ends. Melodramatic much, I know. While I appreciate and admire the Obama family and administration teaching us all how to say goodbye with this transition of power, I am not ready to accept it. Sorry, but I can not accept that man as my president…and I can’t imagine that I ever will. He has promised, and has already began to take steps to dismantle and remove so much that makes America great. That’s right Trumpkins, as messy and flawed as we are, America is already great because of US! So, for the first time since the Nixon administration, I will not be watching. Not on TV. I will not be listening on the radio. I will not be following on any social media platform. I can not and will not give that thin-skinned narcissist the attention, the numbers and the ratings that he so desperately craves. Besides, I’ve got better things to do.
- Wash my hair. My daughter, Hollie,has been working hard to teach me that dirty hair is okay – and better for my hair. I can only use so much dry shampoo though; so tomorrow I am washing my hair.
- I’m going to shave my legs too. Seeing a specialist today about the chronic joint pain, swelling and deformity that I have been dealing with for months now, I thought to myself that I should have shaved my legs this morning as he was examining my knees. Oh well, it’s winter! But tomorrow I am going to shave my legs.
- Run errands.
- Buy a rice cooker. I need one.
- Buy some pretty, pretty flowers. I’m thinking a bouquet of white and purple blossoms would be lovely.
- Listen to Hamilton and the Hamilton Mixtape. Better yet, I am going to listen to the Women’s March on Washington playlist on Spotify.
- Binge watch. I’m thinking Master of None because laughing is going to be good tomorrow.
- Smile and say hello to people.
- Hold the door for someone.
- Pay someone a compliment.
- Punch a few holes in the walls of The Big Top because Fallon painted me a painting and Daniel has this vintage Sonic poster that he got for his birthday and they both need to hung.
- Go see Hidden Figures, again, with my guys.
- Work a little on this little arts and crafts project of mine.
Tomorrow is going to be a good day because I have so many better things to do.