The question is blogging dead seems to be making the rounds again.
Google “is blogging dead” and it will literally pop up with years I guess because every year someone asks “is blogging dead?”
But yes, it seems that someone again is asking if blogging is dead because yes, some of the favorites, most popular and most successful bloggers, including some friends of mine, have stopped. Dooce stops (sort of, kind of) so it would follow that everyone else is done too.
So, is blogging dead?
I could offer my opinion but I would much rather defer to the wisdom of Jenny Lawson, The Bloggess herself. Added bonus is she pretty much gives permission to write whatever the shit you want to write. When one is The Bloggess one can make such a pronouncement. At least I believe so.
True, I might be posting rather sporadically of late which might suggest the end is near and I could offer so many reasons why including
- I’m too busy
- I’m too tired
- I have nothing to say
- I have too much to say
- one of my kids demanded that I not write about THAT
- ALL of my kids demanded that I not write about THAT
- I demanded that I not write about THAT
- you guys actually are reading this
- I know some of you in real life
- I honestly don’t want those of you whom I know face to face to put me on blast on my phone, by text messages, by email, by snail mail, on Facebook because that’s not fun at all even if I do agree with Jenny that it’s about writing whatever crazy shit you want to write and having some people say “YES! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE” and some say “What the shit is wrong with you?”
See? I have my reasons sometimes even if I know that everyone everywhere wants to know every little thought that pops into my head…the littler the better. Okay, perhaps not the whole world…perhaps just my kids, my parents, my family, some of my friends, my readers…and the occasional visitors from Russia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and the Czech Republic. So at least right now I am not blogging like a zestful necrophiliac…read The Bloggess’ post if you haven’t yet…but as long as I have an adventure that I imagine is worth sharing, I will be sharing for sure…even if there is no one to see it.
And to prove that point I will share this with you.
The awkward that is a 7th grade school portrait because everyone’s 7th grade portrait is all kinds of awkward. Except my favorite son is such an adorable, handsome kind of 7th grade awkward with his gritted teeth smile. He told me that he smiled like that so everyone can admire his braces.